as a four-year institution dedicated to undergraduates, lycoming faculty place a heavy emphasis on education, and their research agendas are designed to cultivate student collaboration and academic discovery. this principle is core to our mission.
students participate in semester-based research labs, as well as funded summer research collaborations across a spectrum of academic disciplines. the skills developed through these collaborations position lycoming students to be successful in nationally-competitive summer research residencies.
among the many research residency successes, recent lycoming students have successfully won research positions at:
- harvard smithsonian center for astrophysics
- rosetta commons summer research program, university of washington
- genomic medicine institute, geisinger health system
- department of molecular biology and genetics, cornell university
- university of pittsburgh medical center
- space telescope science institute, baltimore, md.
- department of neuroscience, university of florida
- biodiscovery institute, university of north texas
- national radio astronomy observatory, socorro, n.m.
- johns hopkins space telescope science institute
- david library of the american revolution
- nobeyama radio observatory, japan
- university of hawaii’s institute for astronomy
- neutrino and dark matter laboratory national autonomous university of mexico
- molecular biology and genetics reu at cornell university
to review application processes and current program information, students can visit the i am launching portal.